Monday, 28 March 2011

Canberra

On our first day we did a walking tour of the old Parliament House.   We sat in the speakers chair and dressed up.  We saw the old Prime Ministers Office.  Then we went the new Parliament House and we sat in the house of Reps at question time and saw Julia Gillard and Tony Abbott.  We went to the War Memorial where we learnt about the men and women in the war.  I dressed up and jumped out of the side of a helicopter.   I also went in a submarine and on a navy ship.   We went to the mint. At the Mint I stamped my own $1 dollar coin .  We saw Titon the robot, he is the strongest robot. We saw him empty $2 dollar blanks into a hopper. We also went to Cockington Gardens Green.  We saw miniture things , like mini houses, people and lots of  other things.  We travelled around the world, and they had a lot of English stuff.  We went on a mini steamtrain around the place also.  The next day we went to Questacon.  At Questacon we did a lot of fun things there,we did some experiments.  My mum went on the freefall twice.  I went on the curve ball two times.  It is so fun.  We went on the Roller Coaster Simulator,I nealy got sick.  It was freaky. I liked the gaint xylaphone it made funny notes.  We went to the Japan Theater.  At the Japan Theater we played a game and listened to some science.  Then we went to the CSIRO Discovery Centre.  We went to the kids learning room.  It is all about science.  We went to the body room.  Then we went home.  The next day, well night, we went to Alto Towers for tea.  My tea was beautiful and the inside of the tower was spinning very slowly.  We went to Parliment House and they turned out the lights because it was earth hour.  We went to the AIS which stands for the Australian Institute of Sport.  We had so much fun.  We went into the games room which has all the different sports they represent.  I kicked a soccer ball and a football, I played wheelchair basketball.  Then we had a look around the place.  The place was so cool.  My favorite one was the olympic pool because I like to swim.

The Queen's in the building.
In the speakers chair at Parliament House.



Parliament House.



At the War Memorial.




Cockington Gardens.

The Chisholm coat of arms.

Questacon.

Budding scientist at CSIRO.


Australian Institute of Sport.


View from The Alto Tower.

At the Mint.



No comments:

Post a Comment